Every person in a community shares responsibility for the welfare of the youth in that community. The Bridge Youth Center relies on volunteers to conduct its ministry. Whether driving kids from school to The Bridge Youth Center, mentoring kids one-on-one, being a small-group facilitator, supervising recreational activities, helping a kid out with his algebra homework, or just being there for kids, volunteers are the core of this ministry. They ensure that all of the young people who participate in Bridge programs are surrounded with multiple influences that give consistent messages of love, support, control, and positive values.
Our Volunteer needs by program:
- Drop-In: Our drop-in volunteers pray for, supervise, and build relationships with the students while they hang out at The Bridge Youth Center after school. We are always in need of more caring adults to spend time with the kids and take an interest in their lives. You can commit to either Tuesday or Thursday afternoon from 2:45 – 5:00.
- Bridge 2 Excellence: These volunteers spend their afternoon(s) at The Bridge Youth Center tutoring and building relationships with our students one-on-one. You will help students with their homework and just spend time with them in order to be a positive, caring influence in their lives. You can commit to Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 2:45 – 5:00 or from 3:30 – 4:30.
- Suspending Bridges: We need volunteers to play a variety of roles in this program, depending on your interest. We can use volunteers to help students with their homework, counsel them through behavioral problems, talk with them about career interests, spend time in the room to help us work within our abuse policy, or just be a mentor by hanging out with them during their free and athletic time. These volunteers serve on an on-call basis and spend as much time as they want with the student, usually close to two hours during the school day (7:45am – 2:45pm). We give you at least 24 hours notice and you come when/if you can.
- Bridging Out: Throughout the entire year we need volunteers to come on our service projects and other adventures with us. Your role will be primarily building relationships with, having fun with, and supervising the students. The schedule may vary.
If you are interested in volunteering in any of these ways, please contact Scott
Prayer is a big part of what we do. Every Tuesday before Drop-In, for instance, a group of volunteers faithfully meet to pray together for the kids. Anyone can get involved in what God is doing here simply by taking the time to pray for us. Here are some general things you can pray for:
- Pray for the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being of the youth of our community.
- Pray for the work of the ministry staff and volunteers that they may successfully reach the hearts and minds of youth for Christ.
- Pray for for the ongoing growth and financial stability of the Bridge Youth Ministry Center.
- Pray that the Lord will bless the work that is done in our community, that it may be pleasing to Him.
If you are interested in more specific ways you can pray for our ministry, please contact Scott.
There are multiple ways to financially contribute to the Bridge Youth Center. In addition to traditional forms of support, we now have an online donation option. To donate online, click here.
To support us financially, you may also make a check out to The Bridge Youth Center and mail to:
The Bridge Youth Center
210 E. Main St.
Zeeland, MI 49464
If you have any questions, please contact Jed. Thank you for your support!
The needs are too great for communities to expend energy on duplicating services or on competition between groups. We invite youth, parents, schools, churches, businesses, civic groups, youth organizations, and others to partner with us in this ministry–coming together in common cause regardless of church background or denominational affiliation. We welcome partnerships that are consistent with the mission and vision of The Bridge Youth Center and that will enhance, expand, and/or promote the ministry.
If you are interested in partnering with us, please contact Jed